Wednesday, April 30, 2008

God smiled

"When I kept it all inside, my bones turned to powder,
my words became daylong groans.
The pressure never let up;
all the juices of my life dried up.

Then I let it all out.....Suddenly the pressure was gone-
my guilt dissolved....."
Psalm 32:3-5 (Message version)

When my husband got home monday night I could not
stop talking about what a fabulous day I'd had! Not only
had real met ideal, but we'd been productive, too! The
girls and I started the morning purchasing our new-to-us
pram, taking Daddy to work, and then heading to the mall
for portraits. We spent the whole morning at the mall,
grocery shopping, post-officing, getting newborn's passport
photos, and browsing at Baby Factory and the Two dollar
shop. I was able to do two breastfeeds and nappy changes
while we were there: one with first born playing happily
on the McDoo playground and one in the parents' lounge
while she watched a Bob the Builder video and had a snack
in her pram. It was excellent. Newborn even got some sleeps
and some settled awake time in. Once home, naps went off
without a hitch, miraculously. Mealtime was favorable with
first born accepting her lot and even spending another twenty
minutes in the highchair coloring while I did newborn's last
Daddy-free feed. During newborn's afternoon nap, I managed to
prepare dinner, which simmered while husband and I got
both girls and myself bathed! He and I had a lovely parents-only
dinner and a movie before newborn's late-night feed followed by
her sleeping 5 hours! I must say I knew God's presence that day,
too, and am grateful for it. Haven't had one that smooth since, but
nice to know its possible! I included the above verse because
it was from our pastor's sermon Sunday and I think its the "Theme
Verse" for this blog. So cool how God speaks so pointedly to our
situations.

No comments: